Sigh. The end of the world is coming tomorrow. Or at least, the Rapture is. Allegedly.
I had put it on my calendar, had meant to clean out the fish tank, buy some new pants, make a banner saying, “Take me! Take me!” But alas, I procrastinated.
So the least we can do is have fun for the next few hours. Throw a party. Do something crazy. Do one easy thing on your bucket list.
To help you get in the right mindset, I’ve assembled 12 songs about the Apocalypse. Play to your hearts content, and if you’re still around when Sunday comes, well, you got Left Behind.
At least there won’t be a line at the supermarket.
- “Jerry Falwell Destroyed Earth” – Ben Kweller
- “Here Comes the Flood” – Robert Fripp
- “We Will Become Silhouettes” – The Postal Service
- “Anarchy in the U.K.” – The Sex Pistols
- “Red Skies” – The Fixx
- “1999” – Prince
- “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” – R.E.M.
- “Last Day On Earth” – Duran Duran
- “Armageddon It” – Def Leppard
- “Rapture” – Blondie
- “London Calling” – The Clash
- “Five Years” – David Bowie